Full time Role ID:
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Builder at our Rosyth site.The role
As a Builder, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. The main purpose of this role is to work with the Estates Team leader, Estates Deputy Manager and a small multi trade team to ensure cyclical, reactive and planned maintenance is completed on target and within budget over a range of traditional Offices, Fabrication bays and commercial properties on a large dock industrial estate.Day to day,
Essential experience of the Builder
- Daily routine General Building work (as defined by your primary trade) including general repairs, maintenance, and refurbishment.
- Plan & organise operational activities, liaising with relevant centres and sub-contractors where necessary via manager.
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and key stakeholders to support the delivery of a customer focused service.
- Work from verbal and written instructions, including drawings, diagrams, sketches, calculations using measuring equipment if required.
- Carry out operations in line with daily plans.
- Extensive technical knowledge of civil and building fabric maintenance and repair work.
- Self-motivated tradesperson physically fit able to Work at height using ladders, scaffold & MEWPs, enter Confined Spaces and be a Competent Person HV/LV areas (building repairs only)
- Full UK driving license - will have the use of a company vehicle whilst on site
- Qualifications or demonstrable experience / apprenticeship in General Building Works with at least 4 years relevant experience. Specific trades are;
- Bricklayer, Ground Worker, Skilled labourer, Drainage, Plastering, Tiler, Roofer, Building Fabric Maintenance
- Use and care of building and civil hand tools, such as breakers, cut off saws, drills.
- Basic ability of other trades work, including plumbing shutting off or isolation of water, clearing of sewage blockages, laying / removing carpet tiles, installing ceilings, install / remove stud partitions, assisting with basic joinery and painting.
This role is full time and is based on site at Rosyth
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
Generous holiday allowance
Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
Employee share scheme
Employee shopping savings portal
Payment of Professional Fees
Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 07/06/2023Job Segment:
Wastewater, Water Treatment, CSR, Engineering, Management