- Job Reference: 00023315-1
- Date Posted: 15 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £22,000
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
You will be permanently working from:
● HMP Belmarsh
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
We are seeking an Escort/Handyman​ to undertake a wide variety of repair and maintenance tasks. These can include plumbing, painting, minor repairs, repair/replace building fabric items. You will also be required to ensure the safety of personnel assigned to you in the capacity of Escort.
You will be an exceptional ​Escort/Handyman​ at the top of your game, with at least 2 years previous experience in a similar role.
Why join us?
* In addition to the below we have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate, and so the stability and security that we offer to employees is even more relevant than ever *
You will be joining a core part of the public sector, and as a government employee can be assured of the job security and stability that the volatile private sector simply can’t provide. You will have a consistent place of work, a supportive team around you, and be valued for your skill and experience, rather than forced to focus on profit margins for shareholders.
If you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
● Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
● Excellent organisational skills / Time management
● Ability to prioritise and organise own workload and work to deadlines ● Methodical and thorough approach to work
● A great team player
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you’d like to find out more then please apply today and we’ll be in touch.
National Security vetting requirements, for working within the Prison Estate - Successful applicants will need to confirm their employment history for at least 5 years prior to the date of application so that pre-employment checks can be undertaken. If you have spent significant time abroad (a total of 6 months in the past 5 years) you would be required to give a reasonable account.
No agencies please