Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Project Lead
- Job Reference: 00023603-1
- Date Posted: 17 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Salary: £25,481 to £27,741
- Sector: HR / Recruitment, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Title: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Project Lead
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £25,481 - £27,741 (NJC salary point 19 - 23)
Contract: Fixed Term 12 Month Contract
Base: Mind Office, 2 Kings Meadow, Oxford OX2 0DP
About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever.
Our work includes:
* The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
* The Talking Space Plus psychological therapy service, in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
* The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
* Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
* Public Wellbeing and Information Services
* Physical Activity and Wellbeing
* Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
* Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
* Raising awareness and campaigning activity
We employ over 180 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
Purpose of the job
This is a new and important role in Oxfordshire Mind. As Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Project Lead you will take charge of developing and leading on all EDI matters at Oxfordshire Mind, The EDI lead will be committed to providing an effective high quality service, that helps Oxfordshire Mind build a positive, inclusive and equitable working culture while making EDI Part of all we do. The post holder will be committed to driving improvements and change through collaborative working.
This role is being put in place to help us make a step forward and is for an initial 12-month period. This will be reviewed towards the end of the project.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
* Build a clear image of equality & diversity within Oxfordshire Mind from the point of view of our current and potential staff members. Gather and understand a picture of the challenges faced by our staff in their work. Develop and implement strategies to transform the lives and opportunities of our staff irrespective of their background.
* Build a clear image of equality & diversity within Oxfordshire Mind from the point of view of our current and potential service users. Gather and understand a picture of the challenges faced by our service users. Develop and implement strategies to transform the lives and opportunities of our staff irrespective of their background.
* Engage with our local partners and other Local Mind Associations around the country to benchmark best practise and develop an understanding of where we could improve.
* Respond to the inequalities exposed by Covid-19 and other recent events as articulated by the Black Lives Matter campaigns.
* Provide leadership & direction for the development of the strategy.
* Develop an immediate plan to deliver the commitments already determined by Oxfordshire Mind, considering the charities aims, objectives and policies.
* Create clear goals for Oxfordshire Mind that will improve equality and diversity outcomes.
Closing date: Sunday 18th October (midnight)
Interview date: Week commencing 26th October, date to be confirmed.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to our website where you can download the job description and application form.
Oxfordshire Mind is fully committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunity and diversity.
We are a Mindful Employer.
No agencies please