Environmental Health Officer or Health and Safety Inspector
- Job Reference: 00027825-1
- Date Posted: 18 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: £29.48 Per Hour
- Sector: Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer or Health and Safety Inspector or Enforcement Officer temp position for our client in Liverpool.
The Health Protection (Coronavirus Local COVID 19 Alert Level (Very High)) (England) Regulations 2020 came into force on 14 October 2020 introducing a range of sector-specific restrictions, including business closures.
This legislation is enforced by authorised officers in the Licensing & Regulatory Service. The service is already extremely busy ensuring compliance with the existing national Coronavirus Regulations and supporting local track, trace and isolate. There is insufficient capacity with the existing resource to provide the additional work required under the new Tier 3 restrictions.
Purpose of the Environmental Health Officer or Health and Safety Inspector or Enforcement Officer role:
• Within a generic team carry out inspections, surveys and investigations into complex
and serious breaches of Environmental Health legislation.
• Carry out criminal compliance enforcement activities within the regulatory service functions.
• Identify legal contraventions and select, recommend and execute appropriate enforcement activity based on assessed risk.
• The post holder will have sole responsibility for undertaking this work and the duties will include presenting solutions to bring a resolution to complex issues.
Job description for the Environmental Health Officer or Health and Safety Inspector or Enforcement Officer role:
• To undertake and/or supervise complex projects involving a range of stakeholders, aimed at securing business compliance with all Environmental Health legislation.
• Carry out inspections, surveys and investigations into complex and serious breaches of environmental health legislation. Identify legal contraventions and select, recommend and execute appropriate enforcement activity based on assessed risk.
• Enforce all relevant legislation utilising a full range of enforcement powers from an informal educative approach to formal legal proceedings as laid down in the Division's Enforcement Policy. Officers are expected to use persuasive skills and have the ability to change people's behaviour when dealing with high level and complex negotiations.
• To represent the environmental health section at meetings and to participate, co-ordinate or lead regional initiatives and projects with other Local Authorities, professional bodies, study groups and other external organisations such as the Food Standards Agency, the Health and Safety Executive, Police, Fire & Rescue Service and N.H.S.
• To prepare reports, undertake correspondence, conduct interviews, brief the Borough Solicitor, and when necessary, Council and give evidence in Court or at Tribunals.
• Contribute to the management of the Service by supervising, training, mentoring and monitoring the work of less experienced colleagues, checking their work, providing specialist advice and guidance as necessary.
• Significant participation in project teams to deliver local and national health promotion initiatives.
• Participate in initiatives and consistency exercises to monitor the work of peers to ensure that Officers within Environmental Health enforce the law consistently and uniformly.
• Respond to complaints and enquiries from members of the public and our business partners.
Proof Of Qualifications
Expected start date: 09.11.2020