Due to a new contract mobilisation a great new opportunity has become available for an experienced EHS & Compliance Manager to join the team and make their mark. It will be best suited for a hands-on, time-served EHS professional with technical experience. Great communication skills are a must.
You would be site-based in West London, supporting our high-end pharmaceutical client’s office premises. This role offers a salary up to £35k, a bonus, employee benefits, great working environment, good transport links and on-site gym.
- Perform audits of all services which Sodexo provide to the client. These services include but not limited to Food Services, Distribution and Logistics, Document Solutions, Pest control, Records services, contract management, waste disposal and technical facilities management (e.g. buildings/equipment maintenance).
- Drive and manage the risk process within the account.
- Support the operational team to develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures and Safe System of Work including input into the assessment of Authorised Persons, monitoring of the Permit to Work System and Audit of the safety control systems e.g. Lock Off Tag Out (LOTO)
- Conduct training in EHS and QMS topics, to the wider Sodexo operations team.
- Execute various processes (e.g. change control, risk management, 3rd party management) in compliance to relevant standards.
- Ensure services remain compliant, e.g. statutory EHS requirements are met
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a facilities management area.
- Knowledge of commercial building maintenance and facilities engineering
- Good background in Auditing
- Reporting: Ability to write persuasive and effective reports and communications, which clearly define findings and their causes, and recommendations made.
- Analytical Skills: Must possess strong analytical skills. The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyse information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable alternative solutions to a question or problem, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative.
- As this role interacts with senior client representatives, and senior Sodexo staff, excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required, with an ability to recognise the values within different cultures and acknowledge different ways of working.
- Experience of maintaining EHS and Compliance systems
- Qualifications: A minimum of NVQ level 4 in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability legislation and best practice.
- Driving Licence
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process