Enhanced DBS Adult workforce Catering Manager/ Chef Manager - Stoke on Trent Immediate start
Contract type: Temporary 6 week cover to support the site whilst they are recruiting .
Hourly rate from£14.50 per hour - £29 per hour weekends at enhanced rates time and half and double time
Location: Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Temporary - Full time
Do you have a valid DBS on the updated service dated within the last 12 months to work with vulnerable adults? Are you looking for some temporary work to get you back in the swing of things before everything opens up? Then we have the perfect role for you and want to hear from you.
We are currently looking to recruit a DBS checked Catering Manager or Chef Manager to cover a care home based in Stoke on Trent, whilst they recruit. This role can offer daytime shifts, occasional weekends, and a fantastic pay rates all paid weekly. The ideal candidate will be working with fresh nutritious food adhering to dietary requirements.
- Great pay rates
- Weekly pay - paid for every hour worked
- Dedicated consultant
- Flexibility in your working environment
- Company pension scheme
- Even though a lot of your roles will be on a temporary basis, these can quite easily lead to permanent work for the right candidates.
Requirements and skills:
- Previous experience as a chef manager or catering manager in a care homes environment along with experience of managing a kitchen team.
- Flexibility in shift patterns including weekends
- Great communication and team work skills
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
- Level 2 Health and Safety Certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
- Passion for food
- Ability to work under pressure
- Due to certain locations a full UK driving license is required along with own access to a vehicle
- An in date Enhanced DBS DATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS ideally on the new updated service programme. (we do have the Facilities to put you through one at a cost)
The working environment
The home is a large complex based in Trentham, who have 155 residents on site. The main kitchen is on site and the team consist of 3 Chefs and 3 Kitchen Assistants. You will be required to prepare Breakfast, lunch and dinner and they are all home cooked which includes for normal, fork mash and puree diets.
Our client is looking for someone who has extensive managerial experience, and can complete audits, menu planning within budgetary requirements and head up the team. Experience of different dietary requirements in a large setting is also required. Alongside this please see below some other main duties which will be required.
- Organise the team for the day to ensure jobs are completed for the day
- Putting away deliveries.
- Possibility of food orders, dependant on the role you are placed into i.e head chef/chef manager.
- Assist with the preparation of food & other areas of the kitchen including pot washing.
- Adhering to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Cooking nutritious food within requirements
- Ensure a clean as you go policy is being operated at all times
- Possibility of serving food
The hours of work are 30-40 per week working on a rolling rota including some weekend work between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
The Care home is very central to Stoke on Trent, with a short 8 minute drive away from the centre, if you are using public transport it is only 47 minutes away. If you do live a little further but happy to travel, it is 50 minutes away from Derby City Centre, 44 minutes from Burton upon Trent, I hr 10 minutes from both Nottingham and Manchester.
So if you think this is just what you're looking for then CLICK APPLY TODAY, and start our online registration process to book your own interview slot, please note the client with want a chef profile or up to date CV sending over we are anticipating start dates for this week once registered.