English and Personal and Social Education Teacher
|Job Title:||English and Personal and Social Education Teacher|
|Salary:||£19,536 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-08-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||August 19, 2019 10:41|
HMP Forest Bank are recruiting for an English and Personal and Social Education Teacher.
As an English and Personal and Social Education Teacher, you will teach English for learners who are progressing through the Adult Core Curriculum from entry level 2 to level 1. You will also teach Personal and Social Education subjects as required especially Citizenship and Effective Communications.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in JusticePackage description
£19,536 per annum plus benefits including free parking, free meals on duty, pension and shopping discounts.
30 hours per week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 am to 5.30pm and Friday 8am to 12.30 pmMain responsibilities
- Design and deliver courses in English that will encourage and motivate learners to progress from their initial starting point.
- Able to deliver and enhance the content of pre-set courses in Personal and Social Education.
- Teach up to fifteen learners who may have joined the course at different times and who may vary in ability and enthusiasm.
- Design interesting topics that will engage learners that is harder to reach.
- Willing to teach on occasions in less traditional settings such as industries workshops.
- Develop own teaching materials and keep them up to date and relevant.
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans that are mapped to the Adult Core Curriculum, whilst meeting the different needs of learners.
- Able to complete individual learning plans, registers, progression data and class evaluation forms by given deadlines and to a high standard.
- Able to implement ICT into the daily delivery of lessons.
- Graduate calibre - A degree in a relevant subject area
- A level 4 teaching qualification or above
- Ability to follow the Adult Core Curriculum and be able to design lessons interesting lessons that will motivate and inspire learners to succeed
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to use interactive whiteboards to a very high standard
- Able challenge and motivate learners
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Information, Advice and Guidance/Functional Skills English Tutor
£28,571.21 per annum + London weighting
£120 - £160 per day
£100 - £180 per day
English Teacher Required
£120 - £150 per day
Teacher of English
Kingston upon Hull
£120 - £170 per day