|Salary||£32000 per annum, Benefits: Circa - Experience Dependant||Sector||Engineering|
The candidate will be planning, managing, and optimising the activities across the shop floor in order to safely produce bespoke quality products in the most efficient manner possible.
Key Roles and Responsibilties:
- Ensuring the quality, productivity, safety, and house-keeping of the shop floor
- Allocate required jobs and performance requirements to all departments
- Supervise a team of between 15-20 workers on a daily basis
- Liaise with the production manager to maximize efficiency, quality and customer satisfaction
- Liaise with the production manager on timings of samples on new and ongoing jobs
- Develop successful working procedures
- Act as a technical resource
- Maintain records and performance documentation
- Initiate Implement and drive change where improvements are needed
- Ensure production is considerate of Health & Safety
- Monitor and advise management when training plans are needed / required to ensure a multi-skilled work force.
- Previous experience / time served in an engineering manufacturing background is a must
- Ability to interpret technical drawings
- A strong background in welding and machining is essential
- Experience of working with a variety of materials - Sheet steel, Mild Stell, Brass, Copper etc.
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of welding safety standards
- Knowledge of welding inspection
- Circa £32'000 p/annum (dependent on experience)
- 33 Days Holiday, including Bank Holidays
8.00am - 1.00pm - Friday