Engineering Technical Trainer
- Job Reference: 00010441-1
- Date Posted: 19 June 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Erith, London
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Global Engineering Technical Trainer– Engineering /Automation / Manufacturing
Based in Greater London / Kent or Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire (National and International Travel Required)
Excellent Package and benefits
I am currently looking to recruit an Engineering Technical Trainer to join my client based in Greater London / Kent or Hertfordshire.
The client is a world leading retailer with a pioneering business model, developing their own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple automated distribution sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships globally. They have made pioneering technological advances that has played a major role in their global development.
My client is looking to recruit an Engineering Technical Trainer. You will use your wide knowledge of industry to deliver high quality training in line with Company standards and requirements and support the maintenance engineering shift teams across the globe.
* Continually improve the way the engineering maintenance teams contribute to the business
* Ensure that they are best equipped to support future changes and advancements in technology / automation.
* To instruct Electrical, Mechanical & Control principles training in accordance with the Training Plan
* Excellent working knowledge of engineering processes & procedures, as well as technical expertise in line with SOPs and SSOWs
* Deliver effective Inductions and ensure all required new starter paperwork is complete;
* To assist in maintaining, compiling and updating training documentation.
* To assess engineers ( at all levels ) and sign off as appropriate
* To carry out maintenance training on electro mechanical automated machinery / equipment
* Undertake specialist training projects as needed to support operational changes and business growth
* Ensure Company security, health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times. Direction
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
* Consolidated experience (within last 5 years), or directly employed in a technical training role within an automated environment ( MHE, FMCG, Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Airport Baggage Systems, Automated Warehouse)
* Demonstrates knowledge of fault finding, installation, commissioning and maintenance
* Strong interpersonal skills and excellent relationship building capability with the ability to engage stakeholders across the business
* Strong organisational skills
* Able to work on own initiative, keen to adapt quickly and learn new techniques
* Demonstrates a knowledge and application of relevant learning theories
* Demonstrates a commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
* Works collaboratively with colleagues and others within and outside the organisation
* Demonstrates effective planning and teaching in the learning environment
* Possesses sufficient knowledge to respond to learners needs; professionally as a technical subject matter expert; educationally as a training practitioner and practically as a mentor or coach
* Demonstrates effective communication skills in the learning environment
* Demonstrates effective coaching skills in the learning environment
* Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of assessment methods and can design these as appropriate in order to measure the effectiveness of the training against stated training objectives
* Provides effective learner advice, guidance and support
This role is a Monday to Friday days based role that will require 30-40% national and international travel (post Covid-19)
Benefits include the following
Private Medical Insurance
25 days holiday, increasing to 27 with 5 years’ service
Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
Online Discounted shopping
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful