|Job Title:||Engineering Supervisor|
|Salary:||£43000 - £44000|
|Start Date:||2019-03-15 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Arek Chudy|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2019 16:28|
We currently have an opportunity for a Engineering Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Main responsibilities
- Ensure the engineering team comply with all Health and Safety and Operational policies, systems and procedures in place for:
- Ensuring the information flow between the Sodexo PPM regime (AMF) is accurate, timely and complies with the policy requirements
- Writing Permits and ensuring works are being carried out in accordance with permit documentation and safe systems of works
- Ensuring engineering team comply with all relevant technical statutory and non-statutory legislation/guidance
- Managing subcontractors including access arrangements, safety documentation and quality of works
- Quality checking of engineering and subcontractor works
- Report deficiencies (non-conformances) in accordance with site procedures to engineering manager
- Ensure asset management framework (AMF) process is consistent across engineering team and continually review and update the processes and system through engineering feedback
- Manage PPM and reactive feedback ensuring audit trail aligned to the maintenance management system
- Complete routine audits at required frequency, including Stop Shift Audits and Behavioural Observations
- Delivery of Tool box talks
- Ensure that all key site documentation is kept up to date and that the incumbent delivery team adopts a systematic and consistent approach for all change activities.
- Attend operational and team briefings, client, sub-contractor meetings and any meeting as required in order to complete the designated role and its associated functions.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and communicate at every opportunity.
- Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers and staff.
- Provide Client and Sodexo with such information and reports as may be reasonably required for the overall monitoring, planning and control of the contract or for other management purposes.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by senior management in order to meet the operational requirements of the business
- Experienced at a professional level with a proven track record of building services management and building asset (plant and equipment) operations in a complex building services environment
- Must have a proactive nature with high level of practical engineering and technical knowledge in SSOW and Permits
- Must have experience with managing staff and contractors
- IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery
- Ability to grasp requirements effectively and to relate to the service provisions of the Contract
- Awareness of Legionella, Water Quality Management
- Asbestos Aware
- Experience of mechanical and electrical systems
- Financially and commercially aware
- Must be organised and demonstrate structured methods of working
- Retain excellent housekeeping and working practices
- Have a proactive approach to task completion and team effort
- Ability to proactively communicate with both colleagues and client
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's