|Salary||£33000 - £40000 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management, Engineering|
We are seeking a motivated and experienced engineering maintenance manager to lead and develop a Wastewater Treatment Maintenance Team of 12 multi-skilled engineers and technicians, including apprentices. Key to this role is a good understanding of mechanical, electrical and control instrumentation principals.
You will drive the personal performance and improve the overall engagement of your team, whilst managing in line with HR policies and process with a focus on development and wellbeing. Increasing customer service and operational performance within strict quality targets is vital to the success of this role and will be achieved in line with a strong health and safety focus.
This role is based at Maple Lodge STW, covering this site, Blackbirds STW and associated pumping stations.
Day to day activities will include leading, developing and coaching your team, managing a budget, ensuring statutory planned and reactive maintenance is carried out and effluent discharge compliance is maintained through effective performance management of our sewage treatment works. Sludge management is an integral part of running the area, so it is vital that sludge is removed from our smaller sites to larger reception sites.
In summary this exciting role involves:
- Maintenance & Engineering Ownership – owning and delivering solutions to improve performance of assets and people in line continuous improvement, using experience to challenge and seek out and drive efficiencies.
- Process Management –ensuring site compliance and the site achieves and maintains its required plant availability and reliability in order to meet quality targets at the agreed cost.
- Financial Management –owning and managing the budgetary and financial activities of the team and driving efficiencies into the overall operational budget.
- Performance Management – ensuring the team achieve optimal performance in terms of work management and you will be responsible for developing the team and introducing new skills and health and safety awareness.
- Customer & Stakeholder Management - ensuring an exceptional service to our customers with early personal interventions as required.
- Health and Safety – You will effectively lead the health and safety culture of the team as well as auditing the health and safety systems and processes.
- Ideally, your technical knowledge of electrical and mechanical principals will be underpinned by a background in wastewater or similar industry.
- Previous experience managing operational staff with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Previous experience in a people-manager role with a proven track record of engaging and developing a team, ideally with field-based members.
- Proven ability to taking the lead and achieving results in a difficult environment.
- Strong focus on and good working knowledge of health and safety.
- Experience managing the operational budget with a structured and proactive approach.
- You will need to be competent in using IT equipment/systems and be able to interpret complex excel spreadsheets.
- Due to the nature of this role, full valid driving licence is needed.
No one day is the same for our Performance Managers and this is a fantastic opportunity to apply your skills and attributes to a front line management role in Operations.
This is a challenging role and gives the successful person a great chance to make improvements and also make a name for them self.
The sites you will be managing are placed in scenic locations and you must be willing to travel. In return, you will enjoy a balance of office and field work.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a generous holiday allowance (which increases to 30 days with length of service), and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.