|Job Title:||Engineering Estimator|
|Salary:||£30000 per annum, Benefits: Dependent on experience|
|Contact Name:||Stephen Windle|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2019 11:28|
The ideal candidate will be able to create accurate customer-specific quotations whilst being focused on the most cost-effective solutions to product design and manufacturing challenges.
Previous experience working in and around an engineering environment with previous experience of working with sheet metal.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Build quotations for customers directly or helping the estimating team by building quotes and extracting information.
- Reading and interpreting information from technical drawings and samples and loading into the Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) to create accurate costing reports and BOMs.
- Supporting the Purchasing Team by sourcing, pricing, ordering, and progressing materials from suppliers to ensure orders are met in a timely manner.
- Previous experience working in and around an engineering environment with experience of working with sheet metal would be advantageous.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe.
- Experience utilising CAD software packages at a basic level required.
- Use of MIE Pro would be extremely advantageous, otherwise alternative MRP/ERP experience essential.
- Ability to work independently and maintain accurate records.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Have an organised, focused, self-driven and results orientated approach.
- Be well organised and be able to think around common manufacturing problems.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Flexible approach.
- Ideally educated to HND / Degree level in relevant subject but significant relevant experience also considered.
- Ideally suited to someone with a Sheet Metal background, with hands-on process knowledge.
- Role suited not only to Estimators but Production Engineers and Design Engineers currently working in a sheet metal environment.
Monday – Thursday 07:00 – 17:00
Friday 7:00 – 14:00 (45 hours)
- Salary of circa £30'000+ dependent on experience
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Career Development & Job security
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£9 - £10 per hour
Head of Mechanical Engineering
£48000 - £72000 per annum