- Job Reference: 00044249-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bridgwater, Somerset
- Salary: £19,554 to £20,994
- Sector: Government & Defence, Healthcare & Medical, HSE
- Job Type: Permanent
Seetec Pluss is one of the UK’s leading providers of employability and health services, supporting thousands of people to move into employment each year.
As an organisation we are recruiting for a number of Employability contracts to support the unemployment back to work. This job will play a key role in contributing to the UK’s economic recovery, ‘Restart’ which is a cornerstone of the Governments ‘Plan for Jobs’ strategy and the existing expansion to the Work and Health Programme (WHP_JETS). The role will be supporting individuals who have been in long- term unemployment or those affected because of the devastating economic impact of Covid-19. We will address the barriers to gaining new employment with tailored support for each individual to achieve and sustain good work, including supported job search, re-training for a different sector and restoring self-confidence for work.
Our successful candidate will provide motivational support to build positive relationships, and help individuals obtain sustainable employment. We are seeking a talented Engagement Coach to join our team. You will provide support to participants during their Restart journey. This will involve providing encouragement and positive reinforcement about the programme and to support engagement with the range of appropriate services and activities available to each participant. Priorities will include providing 121 and group support for online job search, facilitating introductions to specialist support services and generally providing a high-level of customer service during attendance at the ‘delivery centre’. Involved in the proactive coordination of the scheduled employability activities which is crucial to support progress on the Restart programme.
Join us and be proud to help our communities and be part of the recovery ensuring no one is left behind.
• Deliver a positive customer experience to all participants.
• Organise and undertake job search/job club activity on a 1-2-1 or group basis, e.g. preparing CV’s, support with job applications, promoting relevant job opportunities to participants
• Identify potential barriers preventing the participant moving into work
• Contact participants ahead of their 1st visit to a delivery centre
• Daily update of Job Vacancy Display boards
• Develop an understanding of specialist signposting services in the local area/region.
• Liaise with Employment Advisers, Employability Trainers, Digital Tutors and Wellbe-ing Coaches to help optimise attendance and engagement in scheduled activities.
• Provide necessary pre-job start support for participants, e.g. travel planning, arranging work wear/uniforms/PPE
Skills and Experience
• A good working knowledge of the local labour market
• Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Busi-ness
• Experience of delivering services to meet contractual and quality standards.
• Knowledge of the employability industry
• Experience of working with people in the provision of ‘information, advice & guid-ance’.
• Full driving licence
Salary: £19,544 - £20,994 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hrs (full time) 8.30am- 5.00pm Monday -Thursday, Friday 8.30am -4.30pm
Closing Date: 16th March 2022 (Rolling campaign due to high volume of activity)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + Birthday day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams. Following recent developments from COVID 19 you may see a delay in receiving feedback or interviews being scheduled.
Unfortunately, we have no control over time restraints and will be in touch as soon as possible.
Seetec Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec Pluss support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
Seetec Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity