Job Title: Energy & Sustainability Manager
Location: Rosyth, UK - Hybrid Working
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF49738
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Energy & Sustainability Manager at our Rosyth site.The role
As a Energy & Sustainability Manager you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will play a part in helping us achieve our net zero 40 goal, leading and developing projects to help drive energy efficiency and sustainability onsite at Rosyth.
This role sits within our Marine Engineering & Systems business unit; We are a leading design consultancy providing naval architecture, marine system engineering, electrical engineering, design modelling and project support services to the marine and defence markets.
Day to day, you'll oversee environmental management for Rosyth. This function is new so you will have autonomy to develop and fulfil the role as you see fit, however you role will involve the following:
Essential experience of the Energy & Sustainability Manager
- Developing and reviewing process, tools, efficiency etc.
- Spearheading sustainability projects - developing business cases and ensuring contractual obligations are met
- Stakeholder engagement
- Ensuring compliance with statutory, regulatory and organisational requirements
- Energy and environmental management experience
- Experience managing large-scale grass-roots projects
- People management
- Member of a professional body such as IEMA, IWFM, RICS, CIBSE or other relevant professional body.
- Degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, Sustainability or Energy Systems plus any relevant additional environmental qualifications.
The role is largely site-based but we do offer hybrid working, however this will depend on project needs.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.#LI-DM1#LI-HYBRIDJob Segment:
Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineer, CSR, Electrical, Manager, Engineering, Management