|Location||Home Based||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£43,000 - £45,000||Sector||Engineering|
This exciting role involves working on a new Government Services contract providing the technical strategy to reduce the utilities spend (~£28 million per annum) on a large, varied office estate comprising of over 750 properties.
The role will involve providing technical analysis, interpreting data, identifying projects and providing robust business cases to lower the cost and environmental impact of operating the client’s extensive property portfolio. The aim of the role is to improve performance and support the client to meet their strategic estate objectives including Greening Government Commitments and internal targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic account team alongside Energy and Sustainability professionals to drive Energy and Sustainability improvements on a large and publicly visible portfolio. In this role you will be the Subject Matter Expert, focused on reducing the cost to operate the estate, bringing innovation and providing technical leadership.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
- Experience in the building energy management industry.
- Understanding of legislative requirements, including CRC, ESOS, DECs, MEES.
- Experience of Energy Management Systems (ISO 50001)..
- Financial and business awareness.
- Ability to undertake on-site and desk-top assessments to identify utility savings.
- Ability to write recommendation reports to suit varying audiences (technical and non-technical).
- Awareness of carbon accounting and energy auditing methodologies e.g. ISO 50002, CIBSE TM22, PAS2050).
- Ability to work as part of a team and also independently.
- Takes accountability and responsibility for delivering required results.
- Degree and/or post graduate degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- Professional membership of relevant institution (e.g. CIBSE, Energy Institute etc.).
- Previous engineering experience in an operational maintenance role in a large estate setting with a proven track record of optimising energy and water efficiency.
- Experience/knowledge of Building (Energy) Management Systems (BMS or BEMS).
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant or Assessor.
- DEC assessor, ESOS and/or BREEAM assessor.
- Familiarity with finance incentives (e.g. Feed in Tariff) and other generation initiatives.
- Financial business case development
- Experience of energy procurement, the energy market, utilities management
- Experience of working with or for a Facilities Management organisation
- Experience of CAFM / CMMS systems
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.