Emergency Arrangements Preparedness Manager
- Job Reference: 00054868-1
- Date Posted: 9 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Torpoint, Cornwall
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Emergency Arrangements Preparedness Manager
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £ 50,510.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF40897
Your role is a key element of DRDL and have been specially designed to regulate and assure the business against statutory and certification requirements including Environmental Permitting Regulations, facilitate exceptional business performance through challenging, outcome focused assurance activities and deliver targeted assurance that provides a balanced articulation of business performance against strategic objectives, and the delivery of key enabling business services.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Emergency Arrangements Preparedness Manager to manage the emergency arrangements training and procedures team, support the development and production of Site wide emergency response arrangements, support the development and provision of emergency arrangements facilities and the production of the emergency arrangements Planned Maintenance Schedule.
What will you be doing?
* The provision of an adequate emergency response organisation to ensure an appropriate response to a nuclear emergency.
* Development of all dedicated emergency facilities to meet good industry practice
* Production of site wide emergency response procedures
* Production and maintenance of the emergency Response Planned Maintenance Schedule
* Development and delivery of EA capexes
* Conduct emergency response training and exercises
The experience you'll bring
* Experienced emergency planner - preferably experience with an emergency service, local authority or similar.
* Able to make decisions in own sphere of responsibility
* Displays flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment
* Good negotiating and influencing skills and customer focus
* Member of the Emergency Planning Society (preferable)
* Degree level education or proven experience in EP
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Closing date: 04/01/2022