Embedded & Software Systems Engineering Supervisor
- Job Reference: 00003417-1
- Date Posted: 24 March 2020
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Embedded & Software Systems Engineering Supervisor is responsible for the electronic hardware and embedded software design, development, testing, and documentation of unmanned vehicles systems at QinetiQ Target Systems and the electronics & software team.
• Development of the system requirements and specifications for both internal and customer projects
• Design and design review of project teams designs of embedded & software systems as per the requirements and safety regulations,
• Development of documentation for software design validation, qualification, safety and interoperability of systems
• Project management of multi-discipline design projects,
• Working in conjunction with other technical disciplines & departments to achieve overall system requirements,
• Working in conjunction with other departments to meet operational requirements including field testing,
• Creating and/or assisting with cost estimates for new products and services,
• Review and approval of drawings, software tests, software releases and other technical documents,
• Mentorship and review of technical work of junior engineers and other technical staff,
• Additional tasks as assigned by superior.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
• Professional Membership in APEGA (or eligibility)
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, electronics engineering or equivalent
• Proficient knowledge of various electronic design software suites
• Proficient knowledge of various software languages
• 3 years of combined electronics hardware & software project work
• 4 years of either electronics or software design work.
Additional desirable assets would include:
• Project Management Certification
• Mentoring & Leadership experience
• Strong Technical writing experience
• Development of Software and/or embedded hardware standards
• Aerospace Software or Electronic Hardware System Design
• Strong communications, prioritization, organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work under stress and tight schedules.
• Strong critical thinking ability.
• High attention to detail.
• Strong writing skill.
• Ability to receive constructive criticism.
• Ability to work as a team or individual.