Embedded & Software Systems Engineer
- Job Reference: 00001057-1
- Date Posted: 6 January 2020
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
The Embedded & Software Systems Engineer is responsible for the compatibility of electronic hardware and embedded software design, development, testing, and documentation of unmanned vehicles systems at QinetiQ Target Systems
• Development of the system requirements and specifications,
• Design of embedded & software systems as per the requirements and safety regulations,
• Development of documentation for software design validation, qualification, safety and interoperability of systems
• Project management of design projects,
• Working in conjunction with other technical disciplines & departments to achieve overall system requirements,
• Working in conjunction with other departments to meet operational requirements including field testing,
• Creating and/or assisting with cost estimates for new products and services,
• Review and approval of drawings, software tests, software releases and other technical documents
• Mentorship and review of technical work of junior engineers and other technical staff
• Strong communications, prioritization, organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work under stress and tight schedules.
• Strong critical thinking ability.
• High attention to detail.
• Strong writing skill.
• Ability to receive constructive criticism.
• Ability to work as a team or individual.
Experience & Qualifications
• 5-10 years’ experience
• Professional Membership in APEGA (or eligibility)
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Computer proficiency (Document Management Software, MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
Additional desirable assets would include:
• Project Management
• Technical writing
• Electronic System Design