- Job Reference: 00039971-1
- Date Posted: 20 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Southampton, Hampshire
- Salary: £12.00 to £20.00
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE !!!
Industrial, electromechanical maintenance engineer
Regarded throughout our industry as a top tier manufacturer, supplying many household names both in the UK and across the globe, we are a dynamic and fast-growing, Southampton, Woolston based family owned flexible packaging business with more than 40 years of manufacturing and trading history. Due to a continued year on year growth, despite the current economic climate we are continuously recruiting.
* Must have level 3 college qualifications in engineering or technological specialisation course in the areas of industrial maintenance, mechatronics or electromechanics or higher education in the areas of electrical engineering, electronics or similar.
* Ideally will have 1 to 2 years of experience in industrial maintenance.
* Ideally will have 17th edition.
* Must be computer literate & have good maths skills.
* Must have good communication skills, a sense of responsibility and be a team player.
* Will have the capability to hit the ground running after a short but in-depth induction process.
* The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work under pressure and minimum supervision.
* Will have good timekeeping.
* Must be able to work 4on 4off shift pattern alternating between days & nights, 12 hour shifts.
* Knowledge of flexographic printing and or blown film extrusion manufacturing equipment would be looked favourably upon.
* Would benefit from having worked with W&H, Allstein, Uteco, Nordmeccanica, Schiavi, Kampf, Piovan, Doteco, Octagon equipment.
This role will offer excellent opportunities for career development and will provide an ideal chance for you to showcase your experience. The main duties of shift-based engineers are:
* To perform daily maintenance tasks in accordance with defined work orders and maintenance plans.
* To perform interventions and repairs in the context of curative and preventative maintenance.
* Analysis, diagnosis, control, and monitoring of the operating conditions of industrial equipment.
* To ensure the proper functioning of industrial electromechanical equipment and installations.
* Monitoring of implementation of new industrial equipment.
* Regular participation in training sessions with manufacturers of industrial equipment (mainly Germany & Italy).
* To be able to identify the necessity of using various supplier/manufacturer customer service and technical support hotlines.
* Full-time, Permanent
Working hours & breaks
* Mon-Fri 8am to 6pm until fully assessed & integrated; (15min unpaid tea break & 30min paid lunch break)
* 6 AM to 6 PM and vice-versa once on a shift of 4on 4off, alternating between days and nights; (2x 15min unpaid tea break & 30min paid lunch break)
* 6 months
* £11.50 - £19.50 per hour (equivalent to ~ £24000 - £40500 per annum based on 4on 4off shift pattern)
* Eligibility to £50 weekly shift attendance bonus once on a shift (conditions apply).
* Salary is flexible depending on experience.
* Overtime rate - 20% above the base rate (conditions apply).
* Social distancing where possible, NHS Covid-19 venue check-in, weekly COVID-19 antigen lateral flow tests, mandatory face masks.
!!! NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE