We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
Why join us?
* Key workers status due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate.
The GFSL work environment offers variety, a positive team culture with opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
In addition to stability and job security, if you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one. We also offer health and well-being benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance.
We are seeking an Electrician - Test and Inspection to assume responsibility for the following:
- Testing and inspection of electrical services within the prison estate.
- Maintenance, installation and repair of electrical systems.
- Ensuring that any unsafe electrical installations are managed safely and professionally.
- Advising the site management team of any existing or new electrical installations that are unsafe or that do not meet currently regulatory standards.
- Fault finding and ensuring satisfactory fault rectification.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent with at least five years' experience working as an electrician
- Qualified to C&G 2391 - Electrical inspection and testing
- Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations,17th or 18th Edition.
- Two years' experience working in a role as a test and inspection electrician or equivalent
- Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical systems
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
If this sounds like the ideal role, please apply today and we will be in touch.
No agencies please!