We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
Why join us?
* Key workers status due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate.
The GFSL work environment offers variety, a positive team culture with opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
In addition to stability and job security, if you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one. We also offer health and well-being benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme.
We are seeking an Electrical Supervisor to assume responsibility for:
- Supervising the electrical team and other site staff as required.
- Ensuring all electrical and other systems are maintained in alignment with the service specification.
- Managing and supervising contractors.
- Taking accountability for the effective management of the tool inventory and maintain security standards within the work area.
- Participating in the site and service inspection tours to monitor, analyse and evaluate against quality standards.
- Updating the CAFM system as and when required
- Taking accountability for ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and company policy including undertaking the role of Fire Warden and/or First Aider as required
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years' experience as an electrician or equivalent.
- C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
- A certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition
- A proven track record of working within an FM environment, preferably within a secure environment / military / health sector or similar sector.
- Completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a facilities / building services trade, or have two years of recognised experience and specialist skills as a supervisor in the facilities sector.
- Knowledge of risk and compliance, demonstrable planning and project management skills and an ability to drive change.
- You will have experience of working on electrical building services systems in a commercial or industrial sector.
As a successful candidate you'll be able to demonstrate that you are a hands-on supervisor with excellent customer relationship skills.
You will be familiar with routine preventative maintenance and reactive works and be able to organise your own workload and work to deadlines. You will have a good knowledge of health and safety requirements.
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
If this sounds like the ideal role, please apply today and we will be in touch.
No agencies please!