Electrical Project Engineer
- Job Reference: 00007494-1
- Date Posted: 17 July 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Menston, Yorkshire
- Salary: £36,000 to £45,000
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
BRAND NEW ROLE+++BRAND NEW ROLE+++BRAND NEW ROLE+++
Electrical Project Engineer – West Yorkshire – Permanent - £36-45k + overtime, 25 days holiday, attractive pension contribution
COVID-19 – the interview process will be compliant with the government guidelines. The client has an immediate requirement and can start someone straight away.
Samuel Frank Associates requires an experienced Electrical Project Engineer to join a very well established, award winning equipment manufacturer in West Yorkshire. The successful Electrical Project Engineer will have background in delivering projects within special purpose machinery manufacturing as well as having strong stakeholder management skills enabling them to be able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
Key areas of responsibility for the Electrical Project Engineer include -
* Work with Sales, Applications, Project Managers and Purchasing to agree specifications and quotations
* Create BOMs
* Ensure the design content is delivered on time, within budget & meets specifications
* Resolve technical problems as required
* Oversee the work of the Electrical Design Engineers ensuring electrical schematic drawings are prepared accurately
* Provide engineering expertise in discussions with the customer and take part in meetings and site visits
Key criteria for Electrical Project Engineers applying for the position include -
* HND in Electrical Engineering or related subject – minimum requirement
·At least 5 years experience in automation and electrical design
·Working knowledge of electrical design software such as AutoCAD or EPLAN
·Able to produce/check electrical designs in accordance with European and International standards.
·Ability to travel internationally with full clean driving licence.
* Formal qualification demonstrating functional safety knowledge
* SISTEMA/ATEX accreditations – either or both would be an advantage
Whilst this is mainly an office based role the successful Electrical Project Engineer will be expected to make the occasional trip to site. The hiring manager estimates around 2-4 times per year with a normal trip taking 2-3 days.
Applicants who have had experience of working for an OEM or a system integrator could be well suited in terms of the project delivery aspects.
If applicants have experience of PLC software, that could be beneficial but isn’t an essential requirement for the position.
The client is easily commutable from large parts of West Yorkshire including places such as Leeds, Bradford, Keighley, Ilkley, Harrogate, Skipton, Shipley and Otley.
Please apply today for an immediate response