Electrical / Mechanical Assembler or Wireperson/Mechanical Assembler
- Job Reference: 00003533-1
- Date Posted: 14 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Mildenhall, Suffolk
- Salary: £20,000 to £24,000
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Whilst this role has been suspended due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, I would still be interested in hearing from you if you match the criteria so when it becomes live again we are "ready to go"
As an Electrical / Mechanical Assembler do you enjoy a varied role of electro-mechanical assembly, problem solving, suggesting design and assembly improvements, test, repairs, quality checks and getting involved in research and development?
Can you accurately assemble electrical and mechanical components for high value precision engineering equipment following manufacturing drawings to tight specifications, using a variety of assembly and joining techniques e.g. soldering and crimping through to quality testing?
Join this successful, international, yet locally based specialist manufacturer of technically advanced precision equipment, supplying a range of industries including automotive, aerospace, telecoms and other high volume production processes. They design and build their own specialist machinery using the latest electrical, electronic and mechanical technologies and seek a new Electrical - Wireperson / Mechanical Assembler team member to join them.
What you will be doing as the Electrical / Mechanical Assembler:
* Wiring complex assemblies using wiring / circuit diagrams and manufacturing cable looms
* Mechanical assembly of machines, frames and allied metalwork using a variety of tools and equipment to meet regulatory specifications and customer orders
* Working at component level to assemble and repair printed circuit boards including surface mount devices
* Quality inspection checks of wired assemblies and verifying colleagues work accuracy
Skills and experience of the Electrical / Mechanical Assembler
* A recognised engineering qualification, with 1 - 2 years electrical and mechanical assembly experience and a “can do” approach. Product specific training will be given.
* Able to work accurately with high attention to detail to produce high quality products following SOP’s and electro-mechanical drawings to completing manual and electrical testing.
* An understanding of PLC programming (e.g. Mitsubishi) would be advantageous
* Problem solving skills to contribute to better ways of doing things or developing concepts and new ideas
* Good communication, able to work independently and be a team player
Apply now to join a great team who will welcome you to their small, dedicated production unit. They are actively interviewing and ready to hire immediately so contact Deborah (phone number removed) | (phone number removed) or send your CV through using the links provided, thank you
Salary and benefits: £20 - 24,000 + 3% pension, 25 days holiday + 8 statutory, profit based bonus
Opportunity to work with: Mechanical | Electrical | Wiring | Electronic | Soldering | Crimping | Physical joining | Assembly | Engineering drawings
Commutable from: Bury St Edmunds | Diss | Ely | Mildenhall | Newmarket | Soham | Thetford and surrounding areas
Similar titles: Wireman | Electro-mechanical technician | Mechanical technician | Test & Repair Engineer | Electrical Technician | Mechanical Technician
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.