Electrical Engineering Maintenance Technician
- Job Reference: 00025064-1
- Date Posted: 26 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff
- Salary: £30,500 to £32,000
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership with a well renowned and respect employer based in the RCT area. This business has been steadily growing over the last number of years and has seen a significant demand for their services over the Covid-19 pandemic period.
They are now looking to strengthen their engineering/maintenance team by employing a Electrical Engineering Maintenance Technician. This qualified engineer will have knowledge and experience of planned preventative maintenance and breakdown cover. The suitable candidate will also be flexible to work the 3 shift work pattern.
All candidates applying for this role must hold a minimum qualification of a HNC or HND in electrical engineering, and will also have experience within a Manufacturing environment working with high speed process equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Carrying out breakdown repairs
* Ensure that downtime is minimised
* Planned Preventative Maintenance
* Contributing towards the successful implementation of a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) system
* Implementing modifications to equipment on-site to improve performance
* To review process control and systems and advise on process improvements
* Involvement in the installation projects
* Installation of new production lines
* Assisting the production team with continuous improvement activities
* Time served electrical apprenticeship
* Must be multi-skilled and able to carry out both electrical and mechanical maintenance
* Electrical & mechanical fault finding; effective fault diagnosis and repair for all plant and equipment on site.
* Maintain effective communication with all relevant departments regarding progress on repairs and maintenance requests.
* Ensure all departments are kept informed when maintenance tasks are taking place.
* Understand operational needs and ensure that engineering activity on site is carried out safely, effectively and efficiently for both breakdown repairs and planned maintenance activity.
* Ensures standards are maintained for all work carried out and appropriate records completed and signed-off.
* Carries out repairs effectively and efficiently with minimal disruption to operational running.
* Ensures that all expected standards are maintained (e.g., Health and Safety, engineering standards, uniform, PPE, behaviour, etc.).
* Take responsibility for maintaining the appropriate standards of housekeeping and hygiene in the work area.
* Identify opportunities of improvement that will benefit the business in terms of performance, safety, efficiency and provide cost-benefit analysis.
* Understand the KPIs for production and focuses on delivering engineering efficiencies.
* Get involved with continuous improvement activity and lean initiatives as required.
* Ensuring all engineering activity both breakdown and maintenance, is carried out in a timely and effective manner.
* Review plant performance with the shift production team and ensures that all equipment is working to the appropriate levels.
* Ensure any engineering maintenance activity is carried out in line with production demands.
* Support the Engineering Manager in ad-hoc project work and tasks as required.
* Days - 7am - 3pm (Monday to Friday)
* Afternoons - 3pm - 11pm (Monday to Friday)
* Nights - 11pm - 7am - Nights (Sunday to Thursday)
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency