Electrical Engineer (Industrial Doors)
- Job Reference: 00044247-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £13.00 to £16.50 Per Hour
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
ELECTRICALLY QUALIFIED INDUSTRIAL DOOR ENGINEER
Up to £47k
BID Group Ltd are one of largest independent, owner managed, industrial door companies in the UK, providing service, repair, and installation solutions for all types of industrial door and loading bay equipment across the country. We are a forward thinking and rapidly growing company who have doubled in size over the past 5 years. We are now looking for the best people to help us continue with our expansion.
Due to expansion and demand for our services, we are currently looking to recruit an electrically qualified Industrial Door Engineer to work from our depot in the Midlands.
The role will include installing, servicing, repairing and fault diagnosis of industrial doors and associated products:
* Industrial sectional overhead doors
* High speed/rapid roll doors
* Industrial roller shutters
* Fire shutters and doors
* Folding and sliding doors
* Steel security doors
* Dock levellers / loading bays
* Automatic doors
* Gates & barriers
Skills/Education and Experience:
* A full driving licence is Essential.
* All relevant cards/certificates - SPA Passport, CSCS, PASMA and IPAF qualifications would be an advantage although full training will be provided as required.
* Electrically qualified is Essential.
You must be a competent engineer with proven experience in delivering service, repairs, maintenance, and installation of a range of industrial door/loading bay products.
Someone who is confident, has a good face to face skills and is comfortable outlining further work to the client.
You must be flexible and willing to work overtime as the role will involve participation on the call out rota.
Proactive problem solver
What We Offer:
* A very competitive basic salary with the opportunity to earn up to £47k.
* Overtime at time and a half
* Out of hours callouts at double time plus 2-hour fee per callout
* Monthly bonus scheme
* Door to door payment (From the start-up of your van)
* 30 days holiday
* Company sick pay scheme
* Contributory pension scheme
* Accident & life cover
* Company van/ fuel card
* Company mobile phone & tablet
* ALL company uniform & PPE provided.
* Power/ battery tools provided.
* Onsite training & external training provided.
* Opportunity for progression within
* Funded/ subsidised social events.
Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience, potential earnings of up to £47 k.
Hours of Work: Basic 40-hour week, 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. Overtime as required.
Candidate Location: RUGBY, COVENTRY, BIRMINGHAM & SOUTH STAFFS
Please apply with a CV or for further information please telephone Michelle Fielden in the HR Department.
We operate a Covid-19 secure workplace and are fully compliant with government guidelines.
BID Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, ethnic or national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or religious belief