Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, UK
Compensation: £41,000 - £47,000 benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 45552Make your skills count
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Electrical Design Engineer at Faslane, Helensburgh
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibilityClyde
The Electrical Design Engineer is based within our Clyde business area.
As the Ministry of Defence's commercial partner at HMNB Clyde, Babcock provides specialist engineering support services, including the management of infrastructure and nuclear facilities. We also deliver operational maintenance, upgrades, and repairs to support Royal Navy vessels, including the Vanguard and Astute-Class nuclear submarines. The roleThe difference our new Electrical Design Engineer make
As an Electrical Design Engineer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll join our team of multidisciplined engineers to provide expertise within the electrical team, that specialises in conducting reviews and approvals of third party designs up to £5 million.
You'll help manage the life design intent across all non-nuclear infrastructure, assets, and facilities for all electrical aspects, including but not limited to Low Voltage Sub mains distribution, Lighting, small power, Fire Alarms Systems. You'll also support in house designs up to £25k. Stakeholder engagement will be a frequent part of your role, and you'll interact with internal stakeholders from different business units and also external stakeholders such as MoD, and third-party designers. You will assist the Senior Electrical Design Engineer in maximising the utilisation and the efficiency of all the section's resource. Provide support on Base wide/Depot wide projects in accordance with programme requirements. Direct design engineers in design process of all conceptual and detailed designs whilst also ensuring that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company's cost, time, and quality requirements.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.Essential experience
What we offer
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering or HND in electrical engineering.
- Working knowledge of electrical design, including electrical systems & equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and undertaking design using CAD.
- Experience in working within a multidisciplined team within a design setting, previous experience of reviewing and approval of third-party design solutions.
- BS7671 18th edition, BS 5839, BS 5266, C&G's 2395/2396 are advantageous.
- Should hold or have the ability to obtain SC Clearance.
- Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. . If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.#LI-POST#LI-HYBRIDJob Segment:
Nuclear Engineering, Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical, Engineer, Engineering