Electrical Controls Engineer
- Job Reference: 00005192-1
- Date Posted: 14 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
- Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Electrical Controls Engineer – Inverter Drives - West Midlands – Permanent - £40-45k – BUPA + Bonus Scheme
+++Headlines – SME, well-established, talented & well regarded management team, opportunity for career progression+++
Samuel Frank Associates is looking for Electrical Controls Engineer with a strong background in large scale inverter drives systems (Apply online only)kW).
Given the COVID-19 situation, the client is conducting 1st round video interviews.
The role of Electrical Controls Engineer will include –
* Produce electrical schematics, panel layout, and parts list – ideally using EPLAN. The client will provide EPLAN training if necessary; you’ll need experience of a comparable CAD design package
* Order parts
* Liaise with customer/internal sales to confirm specification of the system
* Oversee build, and resolve any issues arising with the panel wiremen
* Write software for Drives/PLC/HMI/SCADA. A reasonable working knowledge of Siemens TIA portal or similar is desired – not necessarily looking for a “full blown” Software programmer!
* Oversee and/or carry out system testing
* Commissioning, the team has an existing Commissioning Engineer – but in the event that support is required then some on site commissioning will form part of the role.
The Electrical Controls Engineer will need experience of delivering large control system projects involving automation, drives & PLC systems. This opportunity could suit an Electrical Controls Engineer looking to spend less time travelling/on customer sites and more time leading, coordinating and delivering projects from base.
The successful Electrical Controls Engineer is likely to have experience of designing control and variable speed drive systems in industries such as metal production, printing and/or paper, manufacturing etc.
There is a genuine career path and development plan for employees looking to further themselves in an environment where they can make a real difference in terms of projects and delivery.
The client is based in the West Midlands and is easily commutable from the following places – Birmingham, Kidderminster, Redditch, Halesowen, Dudley, West Bromwich and Worcester.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV for immediate consideration