Electrical Bias Maintenance Engineer
- Job Reference: 00025709-1
- Date Posted: 22 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Abertillery, Gwent
- Salary: £32,000
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Platform Resourcing are pleased and excited to be working in partnership with a FMCG business based in the South East Wales area. This successful manufacturing business have seen a continued demand for their products throughout the Covid-19 pandemic and are now looking to add to the maintenance team by bringing in a Multi-skilled Engineer with previous project experience.
The successful candidate will be part of a multi-skilled engineering team working on electro-mechanical equipment. The appointed individual will be instrumental in ensuring continued efficiency improvements through maintenance initiatives, fault resolution and development projects.
Salary: £32,500 p/a + Holidays, Benefits and Pension
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm (Some occasional weekend work and out of hours work depending on the project requirements).
This client offers a fantastic working environment whilst providing the opportunity for you to develop and grow within the role. You will have demonstrable Maintenance Experience and will have knowledge of both Mechanical and Electrical engineering. Those candidates with an electrical bias would be preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
* A formally recognised engineering qualifications/training.
* Fault finding experience in an electromechanical environment, with a control systems bias.
* Experience in a high speed/volume manufacturing or food production-type environment.
* The ability to work independently and make informed, firm decisions under pressure.
* Is a team player and can work effectively with other engineers on site.
* To support the Engineering Manager and ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
* Assist with the delivery of multiple capital expenditure expansion projects including a new lines
* Manage new bespoke processes and work closely with suppliers.
* Manage the installation and commissioning process and equipment validation.
* Wide range of machinery and equipment
* Experience within project engineering – CapEx and CI and working on multiple projects.
* Engineering background, experience and use of project planning package is preferred.
* Support to the Site Team to ensure production levels are maintained.
* Ensure all equipment operates to the required outputs through effective execution of repair and preventative maintenance activity.
* Ensure effective use of inventory and spares (liaising with the Engineering Manager on any potential issues).
* Electrical & mechanical fault finding; effective fault diagnosis and repair for all plant and equipment on site.
* Maintain effective communication with all relevant departments regarding progress on repairs and maintenance requests.
* Ensure all departments are kept informed when maintenance tasks are taking place.
* Understand operational needs and ensure that engineering activity on site is carried out safely, effectively and efficiently for both breakdown repairs and planned maintenance activity.
* Ensures standards are maintained for all work carried out and appropriate records completed and signed-off.
* Carries out repairs effectively and efficiently with minimal disruption to operational running.
* Ensures that all expected standards are maintained (e.g., Health and Safety, engineering standards, uniform, PPE, behaviour, etc.).
* Take responsibility for maintaining the appropriate standards of housekeeping and hygiene in the work area.
* Identify opportunities of improvement that will benefit the business in terms of performance, safety, efficiency and provide cost-benefit analysis.
* Understand the KPIs for production and focuses on delivering engineering efficiencies.
* Get involved with continuous improvement activity and lean initiatives as required.
* Ensuring all engineering activity both breakdown and maintenance, is carried out in a timely and effective manner.
* Review plant performance with the shift production team and ensures that all equipment is working to the appropriate levels.
* Ensure any engineering maintenance activity is carried out in line with production demands.
* Support the Engineering Manager in ad-hoc project work and tasks as required.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency