Clyde, UK - HybridCompensation:
£45,000 - £50,000 dependent on experienceRole Type:
Full time / PermanentRole ID:
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Maintenance Manager at our Clyde site.The role
Babcock provides services including fleet time engineering, facilities management, waterfront services, logistics and transport within an agreed operating budget, firmly focused on continuous and sustainable improvement in warship and submarine support.
As a Maintenance Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Day to day, you'll help lead and manage the Explosives Handling Jetty (EHJ) maintenance activities, ensuring tasks are delivered safely on time, to specification and within an agreed budget, whilst closely liaising with all key stake holders throughout.
Essential experience of the Maintenance Manager,
- Managing, planning, and organising preventative and defect rectification maintenance.
- Safety is paramount. You'll ensure that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices in line with Clyde Safety Management Arrangements.
- Stakeholder management and customer engagement, including frequent contact with senior level Royal Navy staff.
- Management of Maintenance EHJ team, including electrical and mechanical leads.
- Background in Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering discipline.
- Experienced in working within a heavily regulated industry.
- Demonstrated Health & Safety backgrounded
- Previously worked within maintenance management, facility operations, planning processes (including budgets)
- Previous experience in managing teams.
37 hours per week, hybrid working with 3 days minimum spent working onsite each week. 4- and 5-day working week available.Qualifications for the Maintenance Manager,
- HND or equivalent is preferable or sufficient experience within a similar role.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC level of security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- 25% Shift disturbance allowance
- Private Healthcare options available
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.#LI-CA1Job Segment:
Nuclear Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manager, Electrical, CSR, Engineering, Management