Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Clyde, UK - OnsiteCompensation: £45,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 50654
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Operations Manager at our Clyde site.The role
Babcock provides services including fleet time engineering, facilities management, waterfront services, logistics and transport within an agreed operating budget, firmly focused on continuous and sustainable improvement in warship and submarine support.
As an operations Manager you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll lead and manage Explosives Handling Jetty (EHJ) operations ensuring tasks are delivered safely on time, to specification and within an agreed budget. Whilst ensuring close liaison with all key stake holders throughout.
Essential experience of the Operations Manager,
- Safety is paramount. You'll ensure that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company's cost, time and quality requirements, whilst leading and motivating staff to successfully deliver the main objective and purpose.
- Assist the EHJ Facility Operator in maximising the utilisation and the efficiency of all the section's resource.
- Management of Operations EHJ team, including providing training in multi operational skills.
- Previously worked within operational management and team management
- Experience within a similar or engineering environment.
- Demonstrated Health & Safety background
4 day working week, fully onsite role.Qualifications for the Operations Manager,
- HND or equivalent is preferable or sufficient experience within a similar role.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- 25% Shift disturbance allowance
- Private healthcare options available
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Nuclear Engineering, CSR, Engineer, Manager, Engineering, Management