Job Title: Electrical Project Engineer
Location: Hinkley B, UK
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF51242
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Electrical Project Engineer at our Hinkley B site.The role
As a Electrical Project Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will ensure that defueling projects are carried out safely and to the desired quality standard on site, working towards fuel-free verification.
Day to day, you'll perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaising with station engineering staff to identify scope of works
Essential experience of the Electrical Project Engineer,
- Manage a package of work-including creation, bringing together the WRAMS, creating quality plans, bringing subcontractors onto site based on the package of works
- Technical investigation into plant modifications
- Carrying out pre-job briefs and setting subcontractors to work
- Embedding a health and safety culture by leading by example and providing coaching where necessary, creating, and carrying out task risk assessments.
- Experienced working to a safe system of work, strong health, safety and quality culture
- Electrical background
- Knowledge of WRAMS (Work Risk Assessment Method Statements)
- Demonstrated experience supervising and setting a team to work
This role is full time on site at Hinkley B.Qualifications for the Electrical Project Engineer,
- HNC/HND level qualified or equivalent site-based experience within a highly regulated industry, ideally nuclear
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve CTC security clearance level for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
- For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 07/06/2023Job Segment:
Nuclear Engineering, Project Engineer, Electrical, CSR, Engineer, Engineering, Management