Early Years Sales Executive
- Job Reference: 00029456-1
- Date Posted: 8 January 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Larkfield, Kent
- Salary: £20,000
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for an Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Internal Sales Executive to help build and support our Strategy for revenue growth of our ‘Little Inspirations’ brand within Early Years Nursery and Childcare Groups in the U.K
This is an exciting role that combines a range of duties including the Account Management of existing EYFS accounts with a strong focus on generating ‘new business’ opportunities within our target groups.
Supporting the National Business Development Manager for EYFS, and working as part of the Internal Sales Team, this is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a strong sales focus, who also has the versatility and motivation required to develop this multi-faceted role. You will need to have the ability to adapt your approach as needed, when contacting either existing accounts, ‘cold’ accounts or new business accounts by telephone, email or messaging.
This is predominantly a role where the focus is on increasing sales revenue and improving customer retention, but there is a significant element which involves the research and identification of focus nursery groups and the building of a new EYFS database with accurate and up-to-date information which will support our dedicated Marketing activity.
A key part of the role is to demonstrate why KCS are the best supplier to meet our customers’ needs - and to provide them with real value every single day. Our Early Years customers are very busy and face tough challenges in their roles. Our ethos is to make their lives easier, save them time, save them money, offer an extensive product range and a first class level of customer service - we need someone special to deliver this promise to our customers.
The role is KPI driven, with the number of calls to existing and new customers balanced with the level of research and data collection required to support the engagement of new Early Years Groups. The role will require levels of internal co-ordination with other departments within KCS and requires a self-starter who is also able to work closely with the Early Years BDM but who also has the ability to work on their own initiative.
This is primarily an office-based role but in the current climate of Covid-19, it will be home-based until further notice.
* Actively identify and prioritise each customer by status, spend and opportunity. The role will also require the individual to understand the customer status cycle, from a ‘Potential’ customer through to a ‘Lost’ customer.
* Follow the agreed Communication Plan to reach both Potential and Existing customers regularly and effectively.
* Have a clear understanding of the different types of organisations within the Early Years sector (i.e. groups or single settings, children's centres or school nurseries).
* Actively promote products and services from our ‘Little Inspirations’ Range to increase Early Years revenue sales
* Build rapport and maximise opportunities by contacting customers by telephone and by follow-up email, coupled with effective use of Social Media (LinkedIn use essential) in line with KCS policy
* Utilise internal CRM systems - maintaining accurate, GDPR compliant customer records
* Achieve and exceed sales targets and activity KPIs
* Independently prioritise daily actions to ensure that personal objectives are met
* Work as an active member of the Internal Sales Team to share customer feedback and market knowledge, to build team rapport and influence strategy
* Communicate pro-actively with the Internal Sales Team, Early Years BDM and UK Sales Manager
* Give feed-back to the Early Years Procurement Manager and BDM on any customer requests for products and/or services not in our current range.
* To attend EYFS exhibitions, representing the KCS ‘Little Inspirations’ brand as required
* Such other duties, commensurate with the grading of the post that may be assigned by the UK Sales Manager or their nominee.
* GCSE English and maths or equivalent
* Experience in cold calling or contacting Customers without an existing relationship to engage in discussions
* Working with a wide range of products ideally in the Early Years market, or within Education desirable
* Ability to influence both internal and external customers to ensure objectives are completed within set timescales
* Experience in working with the EYFS sector with either Nursery Groups or single settings
* Experience in Customer account management and building rapport over the telephone
* The ability to think creatively and strategically and to contribute to the growth strategy of the brands products and services desirable
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to influence and gain excitement on new and existing concepts, products or services
* Ability to effectively use questions to understand customer needs and formulate a solution to match the requirement
* Ability to assess, prioritise and action multiple tasks.
* A good organiser that has the aptitude to prioritise within an ever-changing market.
* Being accountable and taking responsibility for activities in line with set KPIs, targets and strategic initiatives
* Adaptable to change and able to adopt a flexible approach.
* Committed to continuous improvement and personal development and actively seeks feedback.
Commercial Services Kent Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
If interested, please visit our vacancy page on our website via the link below