Early Years Educator
- Job Reference: 00033063-1
- Date Posted: 26 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Southwark, London
- Salary: £20,529 to £21,236
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
* Hours: 40 hours per week
* Salary: £21,529 - £21,236 er annum
* Qualification: Level 3+ in Early Years or equivalent
* Location: Crystal Palace Road, London, SE22 9EP
Despite the challenges of the coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis we are still recruiting for staff in our nurseries. We are only able to conduct telephone interviews at this point in time as we need to follow the Government’s guidelines on social distancing.
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is keen to hear from you and the Recruitment Team will be reviewing all applications. We will then be offering telephone interviews to successful candidates. We can then advise you on the next stage in the recruitment process. Please keep applying.
Our Gumboots Nursery & Pre-School in East Dulwich is a family-friendly and welcoming setting for children and their parents. As one of our larger nurseries, Gumboots benefits from having 4 rooms and 3 outdoor areas where the children are constantly stimulated and able to expand on their learning.
We are currently recruiting an Early Years Educator to join our friendly and hard-working team. As a LEYF teacher you will work with your key children ensuring that the activities you are planning are inspiring their learning and encouraging their curiosity. You will be responsible for observations and safeguarding the children within the setting and ensuring that every day has something unique and fun in store.
* Full and relevant child-care qualification at level 3 or above
* Strong knowledge of safeguarding and child protection
* 12 months experience working in an early year’s setting
* To continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others
* Have a passion for making a difference to the community
* A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
* 50% off of childcare
* Refer a friend bonus
* Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
* Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
* 10% GLL Gym discount
* 7% employer contribution towards pension
* Salary increase after probation
* Overtime pay
* Interest free Annual Season Ticket loan
* Free life assurance
* Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
The London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required