Early Years Educator/ Nursery Practitioner/ Nursery Teacher
- Job Reference: 00019500-1
- Date Posted: 16 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Kensington, London
- Salary: £23,004 to £23,712
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Early Years Educators – Earls Court Community Nursery
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £23,004 - £23,712
Qualification: Level 3 or above in Early Years Childcare or equivalent
Location: 65 Philbeach Gardens, London SW5 9EE
Despite the challenges of the coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis we are still recruiting for staff in our nurseries. We are only able to conduct telephone interviews at this point in time as we need to follow the Government’s guidelines on social distancing.
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is keen to hear from you and the Recruitment Team will be reviewing all applications. We will then be offering telephone interviews to successful candidates. We can then advise you on the next stage in the recruitment process. Please keep applying.
Our Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ Nursery is based in Earl’s Court. The Nursery is set in a gorgeous Victorian building which has plenty of character and a lovely outdoor space where children are encouraged to expand and develop their physical skills. The nursery staff inspire learning through a range of activities and are especially enthusiastic when it comes to musical projects.
The team at Earl’s Court are looking for dedicated and enthusiastic Early Years Practitioners to join them in delivering child led activities incorporating the EYFS. We are looking for people who will use their fun, creative flair to support the team in providing excellent learning opportunities for the children.
* A full and relevant child-care qualification at level 3 or above.
* At least 12 months experience in an Early Years setting
* You must be able to proactively implement safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
* Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
* A positive and proactive attitude to work
* A team player who uses their own initiative and who thrives working in a busy and exciting environment
Working at Earl’s Court Nursery:
* 1 baby room, 1 toddler and a preschool room over 3 floors
* Total capacity of Nursery: 50
* Opening times: 8am – 6pm
* The nursery benefits from a beautiful Victorian building with a homely feel with lots of bright light
* Age Range: 0 - 5 years
* OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
* Make a difference to the children who need it the most
* Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
* 50% off of childcare
* £750 refer a friend bonus
* Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
* Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
* 10% GLL Gym discount
* 7% employer contribution towards pension
* Guaranteed salary increases after probation
* Overtime pay
* Annual travel loan
* Free life assurance
* Access to our work life support services
* Flexible working
* Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
The London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required