|Salary||£24,200 - £25,200||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
At Sodexo we are always looking to recruit talented individuals and our Independent Schools are no exception. If you are an innovate Catering, Hospitality and Events professional with exceptional customer service skills we may just have the role for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Duty Manager to join the management team at a highly prestigious boarding school based on stunning grounds just outside the village of Woldingham. This is a high profile independent school contract which will therefore provide you with the opportunity to showcase your leadership skills and develop within a growing business.
You will support the Contract Director, Deputy Manager and Executive Head Chef in the day to day running of the Catering and Hospitality operation. You will focus on front of house delivery standards and the logistics, planning and delivery of hospitality events and functions.
This role requires a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent organisation and planning skills and confidence in dealing with clients, management and staff at all levels. We are looking for a passionate individual who is ‘hands on’ with a keen eye for detail.
Please note this role includes occasional weekend / evening work to meet business needs.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
- Provide hands on support to ensure the efficient management of the front of house operation, hospitality services and back of house procedures and administration
- Efficient delivery of catering to the pupils and staff at Woldingham School
- Lead the service and to be responsible for team supervision, customer service and clear down procedures
- Planning and management of a variety of hospitality and functions
- Ensure all food is prepared to a high standard across a seven day operation, as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary
- Previous experience in a similar role, within hospitality, events or front of house
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with the pupils, staff, parents and client
- Experience of managing or supervising a team within a catering environment
- Ability to achieve and set standards to operate to performance criteria
- Good commercial awareness
- Good administrative skills to manage catering systems, invoicing, HR issues
- Customer focused and passionate about service and high standards
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.