Blue Arrow Cambridge is hiring 5 X Drivers Mates - Porters to start immediately.
As a Drivers Mate - Porter you are responsible for the management of a customer delivery route.
* Loading and Unloading the vehicle
* Lifting of goods using sack barrows and two man lifts with the driver. This is mostly deliveries of large and heavy items such as white goods and furniture
* Using phones to contact: customers, contact centres, the office and other delivery crews
* Using a hand held terminal to record the status of deliveries
* Providing directions to the driver
* Managing goods in the back of the delivery vehicle
* Individually performing one man deliveries
- As the role is customer facing and requires the ability to communicate effectively both in person and over the phone, conversational English at CEFR B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) standard is a minimum requirement.
- During installations a porter will be in a customers property for an extended period of time.
- This requires minimum standards regarding behaviour, integrity, personal hygiene and ability to interact with customers