|Salary||£35750 per annum||Sector||Driving & Logistics|
Due to expansion of Thames Water’s Transport, Fleet and Logistics team we have a number of new opportunities for Class 1 and 2 HGV Drivers to join us on our journey.
The package on offer includes a salary of £35,750 based on 4 on 4 off, rotating day/night shifts.
We can offer you CPC training with the opportunity to train to Class 1, along with upskilling to become a multi-skilled, multi-disciplined part of our team.
We also offer extensive benefits including 24 days holiday allowance, contributory pension up to 18%, life insurance, pay reviews and retail vouchers.
As a Class 1 or Class 2 HGV Driver, you will be an ambassador for Thames Water out on the road, where you will ensure that our values are upheld, and you will be driven to provide first class customer service – you will truly be the face of Thames Water. We can offer you training to become a multi-skilled, multi-disciplined part of our team, extra shifts and overtime along with a highly competitive salary and leading benefits package.
As a Class 1 or Class 2 HGV Driver, you will work as part of the Logistic Management Centre (LMC) which operates a new fleet of state-of-the art Waste Tankers with jetting capability, Potable Water Tankers and Inventory delivery vehicles to support both reactive and planned work.
As one of our Class 1 or Class 2 HGV Drivers, you will be expected to:
- Maintain a clean and compliant vehicle.
- Drive and operate heavy goods vehicles, secure parking of your vehicle, complete and record pre and post vehicle checks in line with legislative and company specific requirements.
- Record and manage vehicle defects through to repairs completed.
- Ensure you are competent to use any vehicle prior to taking, using or operating it, through the completion of appropriate training.
- Be in charge of the safe and secure loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Comply with transport legislation, including drivers’ hours regulations and Working Time Directive in line with the ‘O’ licence legislation and company procedures.
- Adopt a safe and fuel-efficient approach to driving to minimise the risk to you, other road users, and to optimise vehicle running costs.
- Deliver all duties in line with agreed service levels.
- Undertake periodic driver assessments and relevant refresher training.
- You will be an experienced Class 1 or Class 2 HGV Driver.
- As a minimum, you will have no more than 6 penalty points and no DR or IN convictions on your license.
- You must also have a full driver CPC and a valid Driver Tachograph card.
- Ideally you will have extensive knowledge of driving and operating tankers and HIAB but training will be provided.
- A demonstrable knowledge of Transport Law and the Road Traffic Act is essential, as well as a working knowledge of Drivers Hours‘ rules and Working Time regulations.
- Experience of Water Tankers, Flat beds and curtain-siders is required as well as having a Blue Card.
The Logistics Management Centre (LMC) is a centralised operation providing a single point of contact for Thames Water’s operational business 24/7/365.
The LMC has the capability to source plant and equipment from strategic suppliers, hire companies, our Alliance partners and our own assets, enabling the most cost effective and timely solution to meet our customer demands, thereby providing an end to end, single view of logistics demand and capacity.
Logistic Operations operates Waste Tankers with jetting capability, Potable Water Tankers and Inventory delivery vehicles to support both reactive and planned work to both the Waste and Clean areas. Operating on a 24/7/365 basis in order to provide an excellent service to support the business.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.