Job Title: Dreadnought Programme Manager
Location: Bristol, UK - Hybrid - working from home options available
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 49548Build the future
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Programme Manager leading the Dreadnought Programme from our Bristol sites.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.Mission Systems
The Dreadnought Programme Manager role is based within our Mission Systems business area.
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers' needs.The roleThe difference our new Dreadnought Programme Manager will make
As the Dreadnought Programme Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary leading our mission critical, high profile and complex programme with change and transformational elements. You'll lead a multi-disciplinary team to deliver systems for the UK's national deterrent Platform, the Dreadnought class SSBN.
Day-to-day, you'll be providing leadership, guidance, and support to a large team prioritising to meet delivery commitments and financial goals. You will be the person responsible for interacting directly with the customer and ensuring their awareness and confidence in Babcock's delivery remains high. To achieve this, you will possess experience in developing and implementing business cases, delivery plans and growth strategies.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides flexible hybrid working arrangement. Essential experience
What we offer
- Have a strong level of Project and Programme Management knowledge, plus experience and track record in delivering complex engineering programmes from design through to manufacture
- Degree or equivalent qualification / experience
- Holds a recognised project management qualification such as APM PMQ, ChPP or equivalent
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
- Employee Share Plan
- Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
- STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own
and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate;
and be kind.
These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
CSR, Engineer, Project Manager, Manager, Management, Engineering, Technology