- Job Reference: 00040062-1
- Date Posted: 23 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Canterbury, Kent
- Salary: £22,244 to £37,871
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Drama teachers, I have found you a starring role at a fantastic Secondary School in Canterbury! If you are an experienced teacher of Drama, or a Newly Qualified Teacher looking for your first challenge, I would love to hear from you.
Simply Education are working with a school in Canterbury to recruit Drama teacher to join their team in September 2021. The position will run for the full academic year, with the expectation of becoming permanent. It will include teaching both GCSE and A-Level students on a full-time basis working 5 days a week.
The school are searching for someone with a passion for education, and someone who is able to build instant rapport with students. They should bring excitement and enthusiasm to their lessons, whilst still maintaining excellent behaviour management. Experience of teaching Drama is preferable; however, the school will consider newly qualified teachers who meet all other criteria.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has recent experience teaching Drama.
• Has the ability to control and manage a classroom.
• Has excellent knowledge of the British National Curriculum.
• Can promote cultural development.
• Has great communication and lesson delivery skills.
• Can prepare and plan lessons in advance.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about any roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated Secondary school consultant.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers who provide CPD training.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings, you pick when you want to work!
• School directions.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Kyle Robinson on (phone number removed).
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available