Domestic Service Engineer - Heating and Metering
- Job Reference: 00039465-1
- Date Posted: 17 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: London
- Salary: £34,000 to £35,000
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
We are currently recruiting for a Domestic Service Engineer on behalf of a national provider of sustainable heating and metering solutions.
Their services include the design, installation, maintenance and management of plant rooms and communal heat networks on behalf of local authorities, universities, factories, housing associations, private landlords and utility energy suppliers.
The Domestic Service Engineer will carry out the commissioning, service and maintenance of domestic heating systems including HIUs, metering and control systems.
* Carry out the installation, commissioning, service and maintenance of domestic heating systems including HIUs, meters and control systems.
* Responsive service, fault diagnosis, repair and renewal works
* Planned preventative maintenance works
* Be part of the on-call service and breakdown rota. Usually 1 week in 4.
* Provide excellent service to customers and operate with a high degree of professionalism at all times.
* Self-Manage daily activities via use of a structured hand-held system.
* Operate within agreed operational and supervisory guidelines
* Maintain effective internal and external client or user relationships within own area of responsibilities
* Work to health and safety guidelines at all times including Covid-19 guidelines.
Skills & Attributes
* NVQ Level 2 Or 3 in Plumbing and Heating.
* Previous experience of dealing with technical building services systems and related products such as meters, boilers, HIUs etc.
* Current technical background, preferably building services engineering related.
* Good communicator, able to work and adapt in a fast-moving industry.
* Ability to provide high levels of customer satisfaction and confidence.
* Understanding of communal/district heating schemes is desirable but not essential.
Note: - Cornerstone Technical are acting as an Employment Agency