|Salary||Up to £27,000 + Benefits||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Sodexo are committed to building our brand to be recognized as an employer of choice that values Diversity and Inclusion, which will increase employee engagement and positively impact customer satisfaction and client retention whilst improving quality of life for our employees, clients, customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
This vision is achieved through our company wide D&I structures and focus on Gender; Generations, Disability, Cultures and Origins, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity and Inclusion.
We are looking to recruit a Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator, someone who will assist in delivering activities in line with the UK and Ireland diversity and inclusion strategy and help others to understand the D&I agendas of clients, suppliers and competitors. This is a varied role, that will involve supporting the two person team with a variety of administration tasks and is suitable for someone passionate about diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The role can be flexible on location, the successful applicant could work at one of our offices or from home, however travel to London two or three times a month would be expected. In addition hours could be flexible, we are looking for someone to work a 40 hour week however can accommodate flexibility around specific hours.
Up to £27,000 + Benefits
Flexible location - however company funded travel to the London office approx. 2 or 3 times a month.
- The role will offer opportunities to regularly attend internal and external meetings alongside the Head of Diversity and Inclusion and to learn more about the agenda and support with the completion of specific actions agreed during these meetings.
- Work with the Head of D&I to support the delivery of projects / interventions contained within the D&I strategy which relate to our areas of focus (Cultures and Origins, Disability, Gender, Generations, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity and Inclusion). Examples may include; support of employee focus groups, support with preparing briefings for senior leaders engaging in external speaking engagements, tracking the achievements or impact of the team.
- Research external developments in the field of diversity and inclusion to keep team and other stakeholders informed. Undertaking research into competitor or client organisations to determine connections with the Sodexo D&I agenda ahead of client meetings.
- Writing case studies for internal use about Sodexo employees who are leading diversity and inclusion best practice or who are from relevant diverse groups.
- Regular assistance with preparing presentations and other documents for internal and external audience supporting the teams work.
- Responsible for monitoring the teams email box.
- Support for Head of D&I including; diary management, travel and room bookings and other tasks as reasonably requested.
- Ownership and updating of content on the internal D&I webpages
- Support with completion of client surveys external benchmarks and award submissions
- Partnering with our metrics team to ensure the provision of insightful D&I metrics to be shared with internal stakeholders
- The individual undertaking this role will join a small and busy team and have clear responsibilities and deliverables from an early stage
- Considerable development will be offered in terms of attendance at face to face training courses, visits to sites across our business segments, access to e-learning and through shadowing team members.
- Specific training would be provided around diversity and inclusion
- The opportunity to engage with a range of stakeholders at all levels within a large global organisation, from individuals in HR, to business leaders and external partners.
- The opportunity to get involved in a wide range of projects demonstrating the ability to build relationships, multi-task, manage expectations and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Exposure to other organisations through partnership working
- A passion for Diversity & Inclusion and intellectual curiosity to learn more
- Good communication skills; the role holder should be comfortable interacting with people from across the hierarchy, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Ability to research and summarise complex or extensive subject matter taking on board information from a number of sources and produce engaging and informative communications utilising Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A self starter able to work on own initiative as part of a largely remote team, who can plan and organise own time to meet varying priorities.
- Any experience within a similar role would be advantageous.