Distribution Centre Supervisor
|Job Title:||Distribution Centre Supervisor|
|Salary:||£27000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||August 29, 2019 18:45|
The Inventory Operations & Supply team provides warehousing, storage and distribution of materials and critical equipment across the entire business.
Operating on a 24/7 -365 basis the Inventory Operations and Supply Management team to are the custodians of materials and critical equipment at distribution centres and distribution hubs for Thames Water.
As part of the Inventory Operations and Supply Management team you will be required to provide safe custody and real time visibility of our stock holdings which are then prepared for despatch in line with agreed customer service levels.
In conjunction with the Inventory Supply Chain you will ensure the inbound receipt of materials from our vendors is undertaken in timely manner to maintain the flow of materials into the centre to meet the designated stock levels.
You will ensure the distribution plan provides first class professional delivery and collection service in order to meet agreed service levels to our distribution hubs.
As the supervisor you will ensure that the RDC is always ready to deliver by maintaining goods in and out within the RDC and organising and supervising the vehicles scheduling for deliveries to multiple sites.
You will ensure that the Distribution Centre consistently meets business needs when facing operational incidences.
You will also need to work closely with your respective colleagues to ensure that standard processes are in place and that these reflect the need to robustly deliver service continuity and respond to logistical events in a timely manner while continuing to deliver excellent customer service.
You will need to create, maintain positive and collaborative relationships within the Thames Water family from service providers and the operational teams.
As the Supervisor you will:
- Ensure the safe and efficient receipt, storage and despatch of inventory.
- Deliver all duties across the Thames Water estate in line with agreed service levels.
- Processing equipment orders/collections in-line with inventory processes.
- Operating mechanical and IT systems.
- Liaising with customers and other Thames Water teams.
- Leading, training, coaching and appraising team members.
- Maintaining records.
- Comply with stock control processes and ensure that there are zero discrepancies for sites/locations within your jurisdiction.
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements are met within company and legal frameworks.
- Maintain and progress the vehicle delivery schedule and vehicle programme in conjunction with Fleet Ops.
- Comply with Driver’s regulations & Working Time Directive in line with the O license legalisation and company procedures.
- Maintain the inventory levels at our network of always ready hubs and flood resilience locations within the catchment of the parent distribution centre to underpin the company’s commitment to our customers in that we are always ready.
- In addition to these duties, you may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business, where appropriate training provided.
- Experience of Warehouse and Inventory management
- SAP Warehouse Management, RFID experience (preferable)
- Supervisory/team leader experience in a warehousing/logistics operation
- Resource/vehicle/people scheduling
- Class 2 licence preferable but not essential
- Numerate and conversant in the English language
- Fork lift truck licenses
- Knowledge of the transport legislation and European Working Time Directive
What’s in it for you:
Do you want to be part of an award winning Supply Chain excellence team that is making a real difference to the resilience of Thames Water by providing critical, on-time and reliable logistical services?
Would you jump at the chance to join our high performing, flagship Logistics Management Centre?
Do you have a passion for shaping the way Water is managed for our customers for generations to come?
The Logistics Management Centre (LMC) is a centralised operation providing a single point of contact for Thames Water’s operational business 24/7/365.
The LMC has the capability to source plant and equipment from strategic suppliers, hire companies, our Alliance partners and our own assets, enabling the most cost effective and timely solution to meet our customer demands, thereby providing an end to end, single view of logistics demand and capacity.
Logistic Operations operates Waste Tankers with jetting capability, Potable Water Tankers and Inventory delivery vehicles to support both reactive and planned work to both the Waste and Clean areas. Operating on a 24/7/365 basis in order to provide an excellent service to support the business.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Didcot, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's