|Salary||£46,200 - £50,000 DOE||Sector||Driving & Logistics|
As the Distribution & Logistics Manager your role will be to plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within the Quarter Masters Services, Accommodation Service Unit, Admin and Training, Cleaning, Transport and Leisure Services operational business areas. You will manage all aspects of performance of an assigned group of direct reports and will be responsible for the overall management, co-ordination and control of all contract activity, including commercial performance, organic growth, people management and legislative, company and contract compliance across their designated area, ensuring that their team of Services Managers are delivering services that are compliant and financially viable. You will build long term profitable relationships and implement Company, Segment and Contract strategy as directed.Package description
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, a flexible benefits fund of & annual bonus.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.Main responsibilities
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend regional and team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To attend your EPA to discuss and agree job performance, objectives and development activities
- To maintain professional work standards at all times
- To care for all company equipment and ensure that any faults are reported to management
- To work in conjunction with other department managers to plan, organise and coordinate service activity within own assigned operational business area and across the site
- To ensure daily standards of service in assigned operational area, as detailed in the service level agreement, within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions and in line with applicable Sodexo service offer standards are achieved, maintained and developed
- To contribute to the growth of services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- To continually monitor all H&S and FS standards in all service operations and ensure they are maintained at the required level
- To drive performance through adherence to all promotional activity and marketing initiatives
- To contribute to the achievement of site budget performance as determined by segment business objectives
- Knowledge of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Proven experience of managing long-term client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team across multiple sites
- Proven ability to develop new business opportunities
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Previous experience of relevant service
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.