|Salary||£34000 - £46000 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management|
This new management role is required to implement, monitor and manage disputes and potential disputes in the arrangements established by the market codes by retailers purchasing wholesale services from Thames Water.
This role will involve:
- Tracking communications from Retailers to assess risk of issue escalation to disputes level.
- Central point for co-ordination on all disputes and potential disputes.
- Assessing compliance with Market Codes and drafting letters highlighting issues.
- Liaising with senior team and legal department to collate all responses to Trading Parties written escalations.
- Managing formal disputes process with Trading Parties and Market Operator.
- Lead on initiatives to ensure the minimisation of risk associated with disputes.
- We are seeking an individual with strong commercial awareness and analytical capabilities, with an eye for detail.
- Contractual experience interpreting legal and regulatory documents and liaising with internal legal departments will be necessary.
- The successful candidate will ideally hold good market knowledge and commercial awareness of the changes occurring in the water sector, as well as best practice in stakeholder engagement.
- The individual will have impeccable communication and presentation skills with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships to further Thames’ interests.
The UK water industry is rapidly evolving - all business customers now have a choice of their water and wastewater supplier. We are responding to this challenge by becoming more market-focused, and implementing innovative changes needed to enable this competitive choice.
As part of the wholesale market services, this team is required to facilitate the delivery of our business’s new market obligations. We enable the sale of services to all companies licensed to operate in the water markets, this equates to over £400m of revenue that is managed within the team. As well as managing approximately £40m of risk associated with market compliance.
This is a brand new role and a unique opportunity to play a major part in shaping and driving this process, creating revenue and insight for the business. We will provide you with all the tools you need to grow within the business and embark on a successful career with Thames Water.
Our competitive salary and package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.