|Location||East Midlands||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£34000 per annum||Sector||Health & Medical|
Salary: £34000pa with flexible working hours, no shift work, weekends or bank holidays.
Location: East Midlands
A Fantastic opportunity has become available for qualified Occupational Therapists . This is a Disability Assessor Role to work in either an assessment centre or conducting assessments in people's homes.
Disability assessors play a vital role in the UK's health system by assessing the personal context and circumstances of those people with health conditions who are applying for Personal Independence Payments
You will have a schedule of assessments each week and be expected to complete this schedule along with the associated assessment reports within an agreed timescale. As a Disability Assessor, you will:
• Interview people to understand their condition and how it affects their day-to-day lives
• Review and understand supporting evidence (e.g. the customer's completed questionnaire and information from GPs or other Health Professionals)
• Produce and present comprehensive structured and impartial reports to the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) or the Department for Communities (DfC)
• Meet face to face with customers and ascertain how their health condition and/or disability affects their daily lives and mobility
• Conduct observations and assessments on an individual's capacity to carry out functional activities
• Analyse and interpret clinical information and supporting evidence to support assessment
• Compile a comprehensive report in a professional and concise manner, including a detailed history, a full justification and conclusion from evidence gathered to support DWP (or DfC) in their decision-making
• Ensure reports meet PIP requirements and are produced to a high standard (Grade A reports)
• Maintain and evidence personal Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Online Mandatory Training (OMT) and ensure continuing professional registration
• Develop own clinical knowledge of the functional impacts of health conditions less familiar to you
Working Hours are flexible between Monday to Saturday 8am – 8pm. This is offered on a permanent basis. Fulltime hours are (37.5h/week) or part time (3 or 4 days a week) basis. We can guarantee no shift work, no weekends and no working during bank holidays.
As a Physio Therapist the qualifying criteria is
• 2 years post graduate experience.
• Use of Microsoft Office packages.
• A valid driving licence and access to a car.
• Must be fully registered without restriction or conditions with the HCPC
Intensive training, on-going support and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is provided.
This role is ideally suited for candidates travelling from Nottingham, Derby, Coventry, Birmingham, Flintshire, Shrewsbury, Leicestershire, Northampton, Peterborough, Cardiff, Swansea, Stoke-on-Trent, Walsall or Newport