|Job Title:||Disability Assessor|
|Salary:||£34000 per annum|
|Reference:||VA/ DA Paramedics Coventry|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Whateley|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2019 17:21|
- Interview people to understand their condition and how it affects their day-to-day lives
- Review and understand supporting evidence (e.g. the customer’s completed questionnaire and information from GPs or other Health Professionals)
- Produce and present comprehensive structured and impartial reports to the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) or the Department for Communities (DfC)
- Meet face to face with customers and ascertain how their health condition and/or disability affects their daily lives and mobility
- Conduct observations and assessments on an individual’s capacity to carry out functional activities
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and supporting evidence to support assessment
- Compile a comprehensive report in a professional and concise manner, including a detailed history, a full justification and conclusion from evidence gathered to support DWP (or DfC) in their decision-making
- Ensure reports meet PIP requirements and are produced to a high standard (Grade A reports)
- Maintain and evidence personal Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Online Mandatory Training (OMT) and ensure continuing professional registration
- Develop own clinical knowledge of the functional impacts of health conditions less familiar to you
As a Paramedic the qualifying criteria is
- 2 years post graduate experience.
- Use of Microsoft Office packages.
- A valid driving licence and access to a car.
- Must be fully registered without restriction or conditions with the NMC, with a valid PIN
Intensive training, on-going support and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is provided.
Please get in touch with Jackie Whateley for more information and to apply
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's