Director of Projects & Programmes
|Job Title:||Director of Projects & Programmes|
|Salary:||up to £100,000 DOE|
|Start Date:||2019-05-23 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Downey|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2019 11:58|
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is the UK’s biggest public service department, with a property portfolio of over 800 properties. The portfolio principally comprises front of house Job Centres (JCPs) and Medical Examination Centres (MECs), and an Operational and Corporate Centre office estate. Most of the estate is leasehold interest and includes colocation with Local Authority and Central Government bodies.
The DWP Estates Directorate (Estates) have recently exited a 20-year PFI contract and have embedded a new operating model transforming the way they deliver real estate services to the Department. As part of the operating model transformation, Sodexo have been engaged as the ‘Integrator’ to work with Estates and their supply chain to identify and deliver service delivery effectiveness and efficiencies.
As the Director of Projects and Programmes, you will be responsible for leading the Sodexo Programme Management team and PMO to align the end to end planning and delivery process for all capital investment projects from initial feasibility through to financial approval, design, delivery and completion, to ensure projects are delivered on budget, on programme and to a high standard of quality.Package description
Up to £100,00 depending on experience
25 days holiday, flexible benefit fund (healthcare etc), bonus, car allowance, pension scheme and access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts
First stage interviews will take place in London on the afternoons of 27 June and 01 July.
Please send a cover letter along with your application to firstname.lastname@example.orgMain responsibilities
- The scope of the investment activity includes strategic portfolio changes, relocations, lifecycle investment and business driven property changes.
- You will work closely and collaboratively with the DWP and will have overall responsibility and accountability for leading the Sodexo Programme Management and PMO team, external consultants, contractors and suppliers to deliver successful project outcomes. Ensuring strict compliance with DWP’s procurement practices will be a key requirement of the role.
- You will be required to develop a deep understanding of the wider departmental context (including policy and strategy) that are driving impacts on the property portfolio and footprint. This will be achieved by liaising with senior stakeholders within Estates and the across the wider DWP organization and becoming a trusted partner.
- As a Functional Leader, you will play a pivotal role as an ambassador for Sodexo and the Integrator model both within and outside of the DWP.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leading large-scale, transformational change to deliver modern, agile workplaces across a diverse, mixed-use estate portfolio.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant discipline, with a focus in Property, Construction or similar
- Professional accreditation and membership of industry organisation – e.g. RICS, RIBA, CIBSE, CIOB
- Relevant Project Management Qualification – Prince 2 / APM / PMI / MSP
- 15 years senior level experience in Construction management/Property Services/ Life cycle planning, ideally gained in a large corporate occupier.
- Proven track record of managing complex multi discipline Projects and Programmes
- Strong skills and experience in monitoring projects – so that they achieve financial, legal and technical objectives in accordance with business case
- Ability to lead and influence senior stakeholders to win support for the benefit of the business
- Excellent organisational skills & ability to prioritise & manage complex projects
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive and work well under pressure
- Flexible and able to cope with ambiguity
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's