Dimensional Control SurveyorLocation:
Band C staff (£33,784 - £39,663)Role Type:
Full timeRole ID:
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Dimensional Control Surveyor at our Rosyth site.The role
As a Dimensional Control Surveyor, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Undertaking dimensional surveys and produce dimensional inspection reports as required by successor production engineeringDay to day
Essential experience of the Dimensional Control SurveyorQualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Understand design drawings and carry out dimensional control surveys as requested on various projects
- Process and produce dimensional inspection reports to standard required by project production/ production engineering
- Liaise with production to ensure DC surveys are set up correctly first time- component position, environment, clear area. Where small areas of cleaning are practically possible, undertake this to assist with schedule requirements
- Care and Protection - ensure all surveyed components are left with all protective materials in place. Report any sighting of unprotected components within the project bays to project lead
- Ensure all relevant data is captured, reported, and saved at each relevant project dimensional control operation
- Agree project work instructions from Senior Surveyor/Project Lead- carry out tasks as determined by project lead
Equipment familiarity - Hardware and Software
- HNC or apprenticeship in engineering/surveying relevant to the role, or equivalent experience.
- Suitable experience in 3-dimensional surveying.
- Read and understand Engineering drawings.
- Must be proficient in industrial math, trigonometry, GD&T, precision measuring, spatial, mechanical, and logical reasoning, and metrology.
This Role is:
- Experienced in the use of Laser Trackers/ Faro arms
- Must be proficient in NRK Spatial Analyzer (or equivalent) and MS Office, AutoCAD
- This role is based onsite at Rosyth full time.
37 hours per week - Monday to Thursday, every 3rd week is back shift.
2 weeks days - flexi Start between 7-8 and finish 16:45-17:45
Backshift Start 14:15 finish 00:00 (every third week): fixed hours Monday-Thursday. Additional incentive for working backshift is 30%
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
Generous holiday allowance
Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
Employee share scheme
Employee shopping savings portal
Payment of Professional Fees
Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 05/06/2023Job Segment:
Surveyor, CSR, Drafting, AutoCAD, CAD, Engineering, Management