|Salary||£41749 - £50000 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms, Executive and Management, Miscellaneous|
As a Digital Product Manager, you will support delivery of the Thames Water digital product roadmap and propositions. We are looking for someone to champion the Thames Water digital suite of services and support the Senior Product Manager in continuously improving the customer experience, in-life performance and product development.
Using insight and data to champion test-based improvements. You will work to ensure users are presented with the best journey experience and their needs can be met with minimum effort, reducing cost to serve and supporting the drive to increase self-serve channel share.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Being the point of contact for all things’ Digital customer experience for your product, ensuring elements are clearly articulated and where possible, propositions are designed digital first.
- Ensuring any development does not run in isolation and updates to roadmap and business impact are communicated and articulated clearly.
- Liaise with and manage external suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure developments are delivered within budget, on-deadline and in-line with brand and legal guidelines.
- Innovative planning and problem solving to manage inevitable change requests and opportunities.
- Commercial awareness of how digital execution will contribute to macro objectives and align with Digital KPI’s.
- Ensure items de-scoped are clearly listed on relevant development back-log and included in operational readiness plans.
- Act upon insight from site and customer data and implement test and learn and propose action.
- Be an experienced digital professional with proven experience in a large scale technical digital transformation and Agile workstreams.
- Wealth of experience in a Product Management or Product Owner role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – with the ability to deal with individuals at all levels of the company and articulate technical issues in a straightforward manner.
- Passionate about creating and developing brilliant customer experiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adaptive, ensuring that individual and organisational needs are taken into account.
- Solutions and outcomes focussed whilst incorporating innovation and creativity.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven background working in Agile delivery teams, Scaled Agile experience is advantageous.
- Experience of working with external agencies and in-house/off-shore developers.
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Web analytics programmes – Google Analytics, Power BI
- Proficient use of collaboration tools – Microsoft suite experience an advantage
- Web content management systems – Sitecore a distinct advantage
- Understanding of website accessibility standards
- Understanding of Lean User Experience design principles
- Basic HTML and CSS
This is a great opportunity where you will work to ensure users are presented with the best journey experience and their needs can be met with minimum effort, reducing cost to serve and supporting the drive to increase self-serve channel share.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.