|Salary||£36530 - £46000 per annum||Sector||Recruitment & HR, Executive and Management|
Your role will be to develop and deliver high-quality digital learning collateral and provide Learning Management System (LMS) support so that key strategic business objectives are fully supported with blended learning solutions.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Create storyboards, scripts, learning content and assessment material for new digital learning modules
- Create online, engaging and interactive digital solutions to meet business needs using e-learning software such as rapid development tools, images, graphics, video, audio, webcasts, podcasts, charts and other multimedia formats
- Evaluate existing curriculum and teaching materials and convert to digital content in line with best practice methodologies
- Recommend best practice digital tools, formats and ways of working for Thames Water
- Modify content for use on other platforms, such as mobile phones, tablets and operational tools (tough books)
- Make sure security measures are in place to control access and all relevant Thames Water policies are followed
- Produce and maintain detailed and accurate key content and project documentation including content outlines, storyboards, assessment material, asset lists and transcripts during the project lifecycle
- Develop, recommend and manage KPIs to measure and communicate progress, deliver and employee usage and feedback
- Lead on course planning and development to ensure that the provision meets the needs of learner and stakeholder i.e. employers and HE institutions
- Sound knowledge and experience of implementation, configuration and best use of learning management systems and digital learning tools and technologies
- Solid experience in digital learning authoring tools, audio and design and applying best practice for a range of learners
- Previous experience of maintenance of mandatory online learning courses
- Experience of developing and managing KPIs and design and delivery of digital learning plans
- Experience in developing and supporting a community of digital learners
- Resilience and adaptability to change
- Proactive and professional consultative approach with experience in bridging business and technical environments
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders and experience of helping organisations understand the benefits of digital learning opportunities
- Pro-active thinking and approach
- Strong customer ethos – willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to provide constructive, timely feedback in order to improve performance, including behaviours
This is a great opportunity for you to support in the creation of standards, processes/policies, ways of working and tools to encourage employees to take ownership of their learning and development.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.